9/8/06

I'm an Adult, and I Deserve an Adult Glass...

**Edit** - Sorry about the long post, I didn't expect it to get so long. I will try to keep them shorter in the future...

Well, I guess it's time for another update from the Idiot Formerly Known As Intelligent.

I am still in Southern Idaho. I am still working on trucks, although that is about to change this coming Monday. We should start actually chopping corn then which will be a nice change as working on the trucks is getting to be pretty boring now. It wasn't really exciting to begin with, but now it's getting to be "old-hat" as they say. I am ready for something different. I don't like to be doing the same thing over and over again, day after day. Monotony is surely a way to get me bored in a hurry, not that getting me bored in a short amount of time is all that difficult anyway...

I tend to think alot these days. I have loads of time where it is just me and no one else. Most of the time there isn't any music playing or any other sort of entertainment available, usually while I'm working on the trucks. I can't help it, it just happens. Sometimes my brain just seems to come up with strange things to keep itself occupied. Just today, I was by myself with the trucks, the flies, and the innumerable wasps for about 2 hours. No one else was around, unless you count those wasps I mentioned. I was painting the sides of one of the trucks, up about 10 feet on a ladder. I caught myself remembering the movie Young Frankenstein from the beginning. It was like the movie was playing in my head, and I could see the picture as if it were being projected from behind my eyes. It was great fun! I got through the entire movie, though I am sure I left out a couple of scenes that I forgot about. It was all effortless. I wasn't trying to recall the entire movie from beginning to end, but it was happening anyway. It sure made those 2 hours absolutely fly by. This wasn't the only time this has happened though. On other occasions I have played CD's in my head. Now, obviously they were albums that I know very well and have listened to numerous times on countless other occasions, but why does the song actually play in my head as if in a CD player? How come I don't just remember something like, "Yeah, that song is really cool" and then move on? I'm not complaining about these random brain farts that keep me entertained for hours at a time, no sir. In fact, I rather enjoy them! Nothing breaks up a dull day like my attention span-less brain on a quest for entertainment.

Other stuff that I have been thinking about follows.

I want to get a MacBook. The black one. I want to put my current desktop in a closet somewhere as a file server and just have my MacBook out for use. I can play games on it. I haven't purchased a new game in ages, so it's not like I am a huge gamer anymore these days anyway. If it can run WoW (which it does) and maybe some other games, then I will be fine. I have been wanting to rebuild my desktop for ages now. It's big, it's heavy, it runs hot, and it has loads of "iffy" hardware. Granted, some of the stuff in it is good, but the motherboard was acquired from a lan-party contest and is about as cheap as they come. It has been shocked a few times, gives me random errors periodically, and is just generally hard to work with. I want something simple that I don't have to worry about. A Mac fits the bill. Plus, if my dreams of becoming a sound editor for movies begins to come true, a Mac will help me out. Some software that is used to edit sound professionally works with Macs best. I just want the simplicity.

MacBooks are a little expensive, I will admit that. I started thinking about rebuilding my desktop though, and how much it would cost. The MacBook as I want it currently costs $1672 including the student discount. I just built a desktop for my parents for about the same cost, and it was a lot more work to setup. Plus, it doesn't have the 3 year warranty on the entire system like the MacBook I would order would have.

I also want to get a digital camera. I miss having one. There have been a few cool photo opportunities since I have been back in Idaho. I don't need anything fancy, something right around 5 megapixel is what I want. I am looking around for deals, but I won't get something crappy either.

I have also been reading up on the next-gen console race contestant offerings. I have chosen the Wii as my next console. I am not interested in the Xbox360 at all. The only reason that the original Xbox was popular was because of Halo, which is quite possiby the worst FPS game ever. EVER. The Wii has new innovative controllers, support for Gamecube games AND controllers, and will sport an online feature allowing users to download cool oldschool NES games via the internet to play on the Wii. The next Zelda game looks awesome, too. I like the Playstation3, but it is going to be very expensive and will be VERY new hardware so I am wary about getting one of those until the price goes down and the hardware is proven to be reliable and trouble-free. I am set to get a Wii on launch though, assuming my wallet can support a purchase like that when the time comes.

So, that about sums up this post. I leave you with some "owned" pictures for your enjoyment.







1 Comments:

Blogger SlowTEC said...

That thing with the movie playing in your head that's called a hallucination due to exhuastion, dehydration, starvation, or drug use.

9/12/2006 07:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home