11/8/06

EA, You F**king Suck.

I used to like EA, but maybe that is because they used to make good games a long time ago. Or, perhaps it was because the games they used to make actually ran after installing them.

I bought Battlefield 2142 this evening on a whim. I felt like it, don't know why though.

I regret it completely now.

I can't even get it to run, damn piece of crap. What kind of terrible coding allows a game to install without the *.exe file being created/copied?

"Okay," I thought, "Maybe that is what the patch is for." Wrong, oh so wrong! The patch is to help stop crashes during the "Titan" game mode. Wow, that's f**king awesome! I am glad they fix issues. Too bad it does JACK DIDDLY SQUAT for me.

I attempted to uninstall and reinstall the game 3 times based on information I gathered from message boards scattered across the interwebs. I made multiple attempts to install the patch after each fresh installation of the game using multiple methods as well.

Nothing changed. I still get this when I try to launch the game:

So then I thought I'd give their support a try. Nothing in the entire database for Battlefield 2142 even mentions this issue.

I then try to submit a help ticket. The stupid website asks me multiple times to enable javascript (which is already enabled) and fill out fields in the form that either do not exist or are hidden. I am not able to submit after repeated attempts.

I am now frustrated beyond all reason.

EA, I know you won't ever see this but it makes me feel better to post it.
Electronic Arts, are you, in fact, going to get something right at some point? It is ridiculous that a game can complete installation and still be missing a vital piece of the puzzle. Why is this even an issue? Don't even come to me and tell me that my drivers aren't up-to-date or some other stupid, asinine statement. I have been using my computer for quite a while now. I built it myself, even. I know how to run my system with no anti-virus/anti-spyware software at all and have it run great, contrary to popular opinion. Your website is atrocious, poorly coded/designed, and absolutely devoid of useful information, not to mention unresponsive and counter-intuitive. How am I supposed to aqcuire help from you if I am incorrectly told that I have javascript disabled whenever I try to ask for it? This is notwithstanding the fact that I didn't find out about the spyware and in-game advertisements (why am I paying full price for the game just to be served ads?!?!) until after I bought the game. Sneaky and underhanded of you, but a poor judgement call by myself for not investigating the game prior to purchasing it. Lesson learned. Get your act together, EA.

From now on, I will not purchase any additional EA titles. I don't know what happened to you, EA. I used to like you, I even gave you money frequently. Now I do not. Who wants all this to happen to them when all they wanted to do was play a game?

Not I.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home