5/7/06

Windows Redux: The Linux Dual-boot

Well folks, Brad and I are about to embark on an incredible journey. A journey to the land of clean hard drives, faster performance, and simple computing. The idea of reinstalling XP in my machine has been rolling around inside my head for a while now, but Brad is the one that has spurred me to do it. I spent the last hour making sure that I have saved everything that I want to save, exported my bookmark lists, and saved my iTunes library (yes, the entire thing). 45 minutes left saving some things from my server to my local 80gb hdd. I fit everything that I wanted to save on one 80gb hdd. For me, that is amazing. 320gb of space on the server, 380gb on my desktop, consolidated to 80gb...

I am also going to be dual-booting my desktop with Kubuntu as well. I would have been doing this already but for some reason I set my hdd's to dynamic instead of leaving them basic. This prevented me from repartitioning the drives. Since I had no more extra space on the drive then I had no way (that I know of) of changing the size of those partitions.

My next post will be composed from the new install...

... in a week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home