2/22/07

New Stuff

SO, a few days ago I received 2 books in the mail from Florida (thanks PBW!). I won them in a random drawing from a website that I frequent regarding writing books (yes, I plan on writing a book here soon). They are titled Moon Called and Blood Bound, both written by Patricia Briggs. If you are interested in books about Vampires and shape-shifters, these may be for you. Give 'em a try. I have been reading another book about plot structure and development so that when I do start writing my stories will make sense. After that book though, it's on to the new books!

Anyway, I also purchased a new keyboard and mouse today, both are fantastic so far. They should be though, I spent about $180 on both. Logitech makes kick-ass stuff. My headphones/mic, speakers (THX certified!), keyboard, and mouse are all Logitech. I am very happy with them. I picked up the G5 gaming mouse with the weight insert, 2000dpi resolution, oooo. The keyboard is the G15 gaming keyboard. Macro keys (18!), media controls, and a flip-up LCD screen to report such things as the song I am listening to in iTunes, date/time, resources (CPU, memory), and other things when I am in a game. It recognizes when you start a game and adjusts your keyboard macros and settings acordingly. Pretty sweet, if you ask me.

I have also gotten a new job, FINALLY. Comcast was kind enough to give me an interview. It was the classic hardcore interview, 3 managers at one end of a long table, me on the other. I had a phone call with an offer before I even got home (I had to call back, haha). Good pay, benefits, 401k, free cable tv (all the movie channels, too!) and internet, etc. As long as I pass a background check (not an issue) I will then be made official. I should start training somewhere around March the 12th.

Are things turning around for me?

Maybe, but let's not count our chickens before the eggs are even laid...

"Hey Frylock... ass."
"Meatwad, you watch your mouth."

Some pictures of my computer gaming setup -







2 Comments:

Blogger SlowTEC said...

Keyboard? I refuse to spend more than $12 on a laptop... they get crap in em, burn out, the software that comes with em is usually crappy, mice though, are awesome. Was your other laser burning out?

Yes I'm using Peer Guardian. Why are you spending money?

This is a confusing post...

2/22/2007 08:58:00 PM  
Blogger SlowTEC said...

A thought though, my mouse with your keyboard could potentially take over the world.

2/22/2007 09:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home